Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Progress, Wine & Hanging Heads


Here is a quick peek at a doll I am working on for SpookyTimeJingles.com. I took an online class from Gritty Arts, weeks back on how to apply Paperclay to cloth (Very Cool..btw) and am just getting around to completing my version of the doll (hers was a perfection of angelic and sweet, I just couldn't do it...lol). So, I am hoping to have this "so far - so good" doll done in time for the update.

~fingers, toes and eyes crossed~





So, could you use a lil giggle? I came home from a design consult last night (yes, I still do that very rarely and on referral only as time is a hot commodity anymore) and I had a surprise for my Mikey and it turns out he had one for me. We got to laughing so hard at the differences between our gifts to each other but still somehow perfection!

Mike came home with a bottle of Niagara wine from New Hope Winery (Pennsylvania Winery 30 minutes away). Each time we go to the cabin (3+ hrs away) we stop at our favorite local winery and buy a few bottles of their Niagara version. He was passing the New Hope Winery and thought he would surprise me with my usual yearly purchase of Spiced Autumn Wine (yummy-warm) but saw they had a Niagara and opted for that instead.



I however came home with something quite different.


Mike enjoys the wicked scary gory part of Halloween (who doesn't...lol) so while picking up nail polish remover at RiteAid, I saw these cool hanging heads for 75% off. I got them for $3.25 each!! I bought Mike one and realized on the way out they had the Skeleton head too, so I went back and got him the other as I knew he would LOVE THEM!!



Oh, love is a funny thing!

4 Comments:

Mónica Zúñiga said...

Your doll is coming out wonderful! I love it! xoxo! Moni. :)

Fantastic Figments said...

Dani you are sooo romantic ;) HAHA that is fun. We have a CVS and they day of Halloween I run in there becuase everything is a fraction of the cost... LOVES IT!

Smooches
Steph

jafabrit said...

The doll is looking great, and oh how nice to have surprises lol!

Kim Hardt Originals said...

Gotta love those heads!

Kim

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

layout