Thursday, June 10, 2010

A Scary Time Update

I just popped into a "healing room" here on his floor. They have these rooms filled with 2 computers, sofa, round table/chairs and tv. You can put a sign on the door that says "healing in Progress" so you can be left alone. I am around the corner from Gav as he spends time with a friend who came to visit. He was cleared of "catchy cooties" so now can have all visitors.

Saying, Thank you just seems "airless" to me...like it doesn't carry enough weight in how grateful I am for all of your prayers and well wishes. HUGS x a gazillion ;)I am doing well. 1 crying jag on the phone with Brandi yesterday when they brought up some crazy scary diseases (since ruled out) and 1 when the doctor came in to prep us for the oncologist talk. Unfortunately, I was unable to hide that jag from Gav but I was able to quickly "pump the brakes" and pull myself together.

I got a shower today which healed me bunches.I needed to do laundry, which they offer for free here. Clean clothes and a shower and I feel so much better. So crazy how I took that for granted before.I went upstairs to the top floor- Connely Center and found they also have a great resource center so you can find any and all info on your child's illness(es). They also offer nap rooms. 10-3pm daily you can reserve a room to get rest. This will be helpful as Mr. Nelson stays at home nights with our Austin and comes back days to spend with Gavin. I can get some real rest in a real bed that doesn't remind me of medieval torture.

I was able to borrow a nap room from 2-3pm today and although I did not sleep it was a worthy visit. They offer those same rooms at night for parents with children in the intensive unit. If one becomes available (sometimes they do), I will get a room at night which would be wonderful. Close enough to Gav to be there and still sleep in a real bed. Again, something I just took for granted.

I am starting to feel a lil bit more comfortable here (unfortunately) and venture from the room which I am pretty sure Gav likes ;) LMAO..that poor boy. Sick and stuck living with his mother in the same room..really quite funny. A teens nightmare for sure!

Also comical how every doctor looks at me so perplexed, stunned, shocked-they stare-no exxageration. They all think I am WAY younger than my age. Seems they all think I had him at about 10 yrs old..lmao. I suddenly feel ashamed of how young I look to some people. I know I do not look my age but I can assure them Michael is not Elvis and I am not Priscilla and married at some unfathomable age ;)

So back to reality..tomorrow yields full body scans for Gavin with dye/contrast looking for cancer and/or proof of Crohns disease. sigh...................

11 Comments:

LLA Creations Art Dolls said...

Just checked on you and found your new blog post. Still praying for you and your family.

Shes Off Her Rocker said...

Dani...you crack me up even in times such as this. Break pumpin' is a good Mamma'in skill for sure. Body scans tomorrow...jeepers.... you gone need you a coma room like the blue one here. So nice to see the pic of Gavin sittin up in bed on the 'puter. He is such an impressive boy. I wish for him to be all the way better and soon. Wishin' I lived closer...I'd bring you and him a Smoothie!
Xoxo thinking of you every minute.
B

Iva Wilcox said...

Dear Dani~ I have been one of those parents, roaming the halls, crying, praying and trying to uplift a sick teens spirits. Hang in there. You are a strong woman and it's a great sign that he is sitting up and visiting with friends. Sending healing thoughts your way, along with strength and courage.
Hugs...Iva

Light and Shadow Studio said...

So glad you are keeping in touch and letting us know what is happening. I have been thinking of you and your son all day and hoping you soon have some answers. It sounds like you are in a good place and they are taking good care of your son. I will keep saying prayers. Hugs XOXOX

yoborobo said...

Dani - you and Gavin are in my thoughts and prayers. You will stay there 24-7. Thank you for keeping us posted, and please give that boy of yours a big old hug from me (I know teenage boys LOVE that, too! haha!). Stay strong - xoxoxox Pam

Michelle said...

Just wanted to say "Hello" and let you know that I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I am a long time follower, just haven't said hi yet.
M

The Polka Dot Pixie said...

Dani (((((((((hugs)))). I just read about all of this. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Sending healing thoughts your way xoxoxoxoxoxo- Jenny

Kathy said...

Loads of prayers out to you and your family.

Maija said...

I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I had my children at Children's in Philly and it is a wonderful hospital!!
I will continue to keep you in my prayers

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Dani..Sending healing vibes and prayers your way. I know how devasting it is when something happens to our Kids..
A Big Hug for You
Candy

Susan Walker said...

Just checking in Dani and see the update on Mr. Gav. I am continuing to keep all of you in my prayers. Sending hugs your way, friend...Susan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

layout