Friday, July 4, 2008

ARE YOU FLIPPING KIDDING ME?




Below is my comment on Annette of Huckleberry Arts Blog. She was accused/questioned about being a satanist due to the fact that she creates Halloween art. I got the feeling that I may also be in question as to my combo of Halloween and Christmas art on SpookyTime Jingles.



First off let me say. KISS MY ASS. Period thee end.


~My comment to Annette~


The below words bring me much peace when people push their one sided, uneducated opinions onto others. Even if you have read it before, please read it again as we all need reminders at times ;)


This version was found written on the wall in Mother Teresa's home for children in Calcutta:


People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.


If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.


If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.


If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.


What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.


If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.


The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.


Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.


In the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.


-this version is credited to Mother Teresa

-----------------------------------

I am sorry you had to be accused of such nonsense. Someone's opinion or belief system is not what bothers me, even if it differs from mine. What bothers me is when they try and push their beliefs on others who think differently than them...HOW VERY HITLER of them.


I believe that by celebrating on Halloween and keeping it theatrical and fun for families, it takes away any of the BS that MAY or MAY NOT have been practiced by the Druids centuries ago.


News Flash...customs change! Even for the better sometimes, even after CENTURIES! OMG hard to believe I know!!
But we did abolish the horrid custom of slavery. So maybe just maybe good things can happen where evil once stood.


This is 2008 and we should all be well rounded, well educated people(besides just the teachings we choose to learn).


Last time I checked I could love my God and a Jack O' Lantern at the same time and not be condemned to Hell.


Annette, it is between you and your God. You and your husband are raising lovely wonderful children who are so very lucky to have such well rounded, thoughtful and creative parents. God Bless~

7 Comments:

Huckleberry Arts said...

Dani "I Love you" Honestly That is the best response.

You know it doesn't bother me what people say about me but it does bother me when it comes to my Family and friends.

This all came accross because I have the post of Spooky time jingles and then the post Of my husband Rods new book posted next to each other. I shouldn't be posting religion and halloween and in by doing so I being a halloween creating cannot be Christian

Thank you for the simple way of ending this lol And the perfect Kiss my Ass LOL thank you

I am gonna go Create some AWESOME Halloween Banners, and Paintings tonight!

Annette

Shagsy said...

WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO........Kiss my Ass.......lol.
Good for you Dani!
Hugs.....Sharon (on-line friend of Annette's)

Sherry said...

You Go Girl!!! Ignorant people should shut their mouths!

Sherry

Melissa said...

Let me tell you something, I grew up a Presbyterian and went trick or treating every Halloween as everything from a scarecrow to a punk rocker and I didn't grow up to be a bad person or a devil worshiper! People need to get pragmatic...get real! Good for you Dani, I liked your response...short, simple (for those that cannot wrap their brain around multi-syllabic words or multiple view points) and very pragmatic!
Toots

Janell Berryman Pumpkinseeds folk art said...

Dani, You know how I feel about all of this AND my dear, YOU are the rock pillar that I am proud to be friends with. Annette, glad you are not bothered by someone's ignorance. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well if they want to pick on someone ..let them pick on me..and my dark witches...oooooohhhh..scary stuff..I say they are just NUTS!
Please don't let it bother you girls..your terrific..and Halloween is fun..and I'm going to enjoy it fully on STJ!!
donna

Anonymous said...

LOL..I didn't meant to be anonymous!!....LOL!!..I pushed the wrong button..sorry...LOL!...such a ditz!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

layout